William Wiley, Deborah Hopkins
Reprisal is a term that gets used a lot, but did you know that it has different definitions in different cases? If you join FELTG President William Wiley and FELTG Executive Director Deborah Hopkins during this 90-minute webinar to find out exactly where the differences lie, you just might save your agency from losing a reprisal case.
During this interactive discussion, the instructors will explain the legal background on the various forms of reprisal and why it’s such an important area of focus in federal employee statutory protection. From there, they’ll talk about:
- Whistleblower reprisal: the standards, burden of proof, and actions that constitute reprisal
- The many forms of EEO reprisal and why it’s the most common category in discrimination findings
- Reprisal for union activity, including what type of activity falls outside the bounds of coverage
- What is legal and not legal when considering someone’s veteran status in making employment-related decisions
- The distinction between reprisal and retaliation
This is an event you won’t want to miss, whether you’re an attorney, LER specialist, EEO specialist, union official or supervisor. We hope you’ll join us.
$270 per site
Teleworkers may be added to a main site registration for $25 each, on a space-available basis.